HTC waterproof selfie camera out
In a move to reverse three years of falling sales, Taiwanese Firm HTC has launched a waterproof selfie camera and a selfie focused smartphone.
New York:In a move to reverse three years of falling sales, Taiwanese Firm HTC has launched a waterproof selfie camera and a selfie focused smartphone.
The $199 "Re Camera" is slim and tube-shaped camera and can be clipped to a backpack, mounted on a bicycle or taken underwater, The Wall Street Journal reported.
The camera weighs about 2.5 ounces, similar to that of an extra-large egg.
HTC hopes the growing selfie trend tendency will help it engineer a turnaround.
Last year, HTC fell out of the world's top 10 smartphone brands amid branding weakness and strong competition from Samsung.
According to chief financial officer Chialin Chang, the new product will help it return to sales growth in coming quarters.
HTC's sales have fallen for the past 12 quarters.
- Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Banerjee prepare for hung verdict, non-BJP front in discussion
- Akbar denies meeting Ramani at Oberoi hotel
- Sexual harassment charge filed against Tripura MLA
- 2 dead as truck falls into gorge in J&K's Doda
- Mission Admission 2019: Executive secretary of ComedK to interact with parents and students