A device that can wirelessly charge several gadgets at once
A Device that can Wirelessly Charge Several Gadgets at Once. Using an existing technology with a different approach, Energous has reportedly developed a device that can wirelessly charge several other devices within a 15-foot radius of its transmitter.
Using an existing technology with a different approach, Energous has reportedly developed a device that can wirelessly charge several other devices within a 15-foot radius of its transmitter. The device, called WattUp, makes use of Bluetooth LE to locate the device that needs to be charged which allows it to target the position where power is to be transmitted. The closer the phone is to the transmitter, the faster it will charge and the farther away, the slower, reported The Verge.
Charging speed is also affected by the number of devices being charged off of a single transmitter. Energous' vision is to enable users to charge their phones, and other devices slowly throughout the day, without having to plug the device in.
The WattUp charging could be built directly into a phone, a wireless speaker, or any other product that continually uses power. However, for now, users will have to put their phones into a WattUp-enabled battery pack.
The battery packs are expected to hit the market by the end of 2015 and would not be any more expensive than a traditional battery pack.
- Horrified to see cow vigilantes thrashing innocent men in MP: Mehbooba Mufti
- Arunachal Assembly will have 20 first time MLAs
- Rahul Gandhi's resignation turned down by the Congress party as collective responsibility
- Only three women made it to Arunachal Pradesh Assembly this year
- Rahul Gandhi offers resignation from president post at CWC meeting