World's smallest medical robot hits Guinness Book of World Records
A doctoral research student at the University of Texas has built the worlds smallest robotmedical robot that cannot be seen with the human eye
Texas [United States]: A doctoral research student at the University of Texas has built the world's smallest robot">medical robot that cannot be seen with the human eye.
Creation of Soutik Betal, the robot measures 120 nanometer and has entered the Guinness Book of World Records for its negligible size, Fast Company reports.
The robot is basically a series of nanocomposite particles of multifunctional oxide materials that can be remotely controlled by an electromagnetic field.
Because the tiny robot is capable of interacting with biological cells, future applications could include direct medication to cells in conditions such as cancer and Alzheimer's.
- Naxal killed in encounter in Dantewada, Chhattisgarh
- Amethi ex-pradhan murder: CM sets 12-hour deadline for arrest of culprits
- CBI issues lookout notice against ex-Kolkata Police chief
- Smriti Irani carries mortal remains of campaign aide shot in Amethi
- PM Modi to visit Varanasi tomorrow, hold roadshow