Netflix to come up with more affordable plans
Netflix is a well known online video streaming website Due to the tough competition from Amazon Prime, Netflix is all set to try out new affordable plans for the subscribers
Netflix is a well known online video streaming website. Due to the tough competition from Amazon Prime, Netflix is all set to try out new affordable plans for the subscribers.
The company’s chief product officer Greg Peters, said, “With these affordable plans Netflix is planning to increase its user base in India.”
When queried how he is planning to increase the user base in India? He told, “We’ll try with other pricing models, not only in India but around the globe.
That will allow us to broaden access by offering a pricing tier that fits below our current lowest tier. And we'll observe how that helps in terms of accelerating our growth and get more contacts.”
In India, Netflix is considered to be the most expensive online streaming portal. It charges 500 Rs month for its basic plan and HD quality is available at Rs.
650 per month. Its competitor, Amazon is charging Prime subscription at just Rs. 129 per month and the yearly plan is charged at Rs. 999.
Netflix is also looking at expanding its regional language options in India other than English and Hindi.
- Horrified to see cow vigilantes thrashing innocent men in MP: Mehbooba Mufti
- Arunachal Assembly will have 20 first time MLAs
- Rahul Gandhi's resignation turned down by the Congress party as collective responsibility
- Only three women made it to Arunachal Pradesh Assembly this year
- Rahul Gandhi offers resignation from president post at CWC meeting