- Kishan slams KCR for skipping PM’s programmes
- Hyderabad: Mahesh Bhagwat gives away Grand Ganesha Awards-2023
- Now, Khammam district a testament to progress says K T Rama Rao
- Harish condemns Chandrababu’s arrest
- Hyderabad sees remarkable growth in green office spaces
- We have ongoing problem with Canada: Jaishankar
- Umang 2.0: This expo has everything from papad to diamonds
- New York City declares emergency over flash flooding
- Indian High Commissioner's gurdwara visit blocked by pro-Khalistan extremists
- TS govt sans Nari Shakti: Governor
Can NaRa Lokesh, Sharmila conquer Telangana?
The Telugu Desam Party and the YSR Congress Party headed by N Chandrababu Naidu and YS Jagan Mohan Reddy face the tag of 'Andhra leaders' and 'Andhra parties' when they make their presence felt in Telangana. This has been the scene after the bifurcation of United Andhra Pradesh state. Neither Congress or the BJP faces such problem as both are national parties and the the TRS need not worry as it is confined just to TRS. Even MIM need not worry since it only fights for the rights of Muslims.
While Chandrababu is planning to give Telangana reigns to his son Lokesh, Jagan has already made his sister Sharmila incharge of party affairs in Telangana. But both are facing strong opposition from local leadership and Telangana leaders who say they don't want to be ruled by the Andhra people. Besides, the TRS will taunt the cadre as to how they could work under Andhra leadership even after state has been separated.
Though both Lokesh and Sharmila have leadership skills and the charisma to woo people, this acts as a major stumbling block. Their success in Telangana depends on how they will overcome the Andhra leaders tag in Telangana.
By Pramod Nandivada