- Researchers find brain’s blue spot linked to sleep, memory
- Doctor dies in accident in Bhubaneswar
- UK expert warns of pandemic worse than Covid in new book
- Rahul not sure of winning Telangana Assembly elections
- Telangana's Agriculture Sector Success Story to be showcased at the Norman E Borlaug International Dialogue in the USA
- Drop cases against youth who protested demanding jobs in Tangedco: EPS
- Mallampally New Mandal Gazette Notification Issuance
- US prepares for potential government shutdown
- Hyderabad's Class 7 student earns PM Modi's praise
- 2nd ODI: Shubman Gill is touted to be the next big thing in World Cricket says Abhishek Nayar
MPs seek better deal for Telangana in railways
The Members of Parliament from Telangana put forth a set of demands ranging from developing new railway lines, increase in the number of halts of trains at various stations, modernisation of Railway schools and colleges, introduction of new trains, electrification works, doubling works etc.
Hyderabad: The Members of Parliament from Telangana put forth a set of demands ranging from developing new railway lines, increase in the number of halts of trains at various stations, modernisation of Railway schools and colleges, introduction of new trains, electrification works, doubling works etc.
As part of the series of meetings being conducted by South Central Railway (SCR) with MPs representing the area under the jurisdiction of SCR, a meeting was held with them at the SCR headquarters in Secunderabad on Wednesday. Union Labour Minister Bandaru Dattatreya also took part in the meeting.
The Telangana MPs lamented that Telangana region was neglected and several projects that were sanctioned way back in the late 90s too were still on paper. Karimnagar MP B Vinod said hardly any new railway lines have been taken up after the Nizam’s period. He suggested abolishment of Railway Board on the lines of Planning Commission and asked to delegate more powers to the general managers of different zones. “The General Managers cannot even introduce a pantry car,” he rued.
Mahabubnagar MP Jitender Reddy drew the attention of railway employees to undertake new railway lines especially the doubling of Secunderabad to Dhone. He also said the name of AP Express needs to be changed to Telangana Express. Medak MP K Manohar Reddy said land has to be acquired though the Manoharabad to Kothapet line was sanctioned. He added Akkanapet to Medak push pull train also has an issue of land acquisition. Bandaru Dattatreya said a meeting with Telangana MPs with the Railway Minister would be held soon and all the demands would be put forth.
Apart from the demand for new railway lines, the setting up of Wagon factory and carving out a new division at Kazipet and setting a Rail Coach Factory in Telangana was top on the demands. There were also demands for modernisation of Secunderabad, Kacheguda and Nampally stations. The development of Moula Ali station also figured in the discussions. P K Srivastava, General Manager, SCR said the demands of the MPs would be forwarded to the Railway Board for approval.