- ‘BJP scared’: Police manhandled party workers, says Abhishek Banerjee
- One killed, 22 injured as Hyderabad-bound bus overturns in Goa
- Delhi court sends NIA's 'most wanted' terrorist Shahnawaz to 7-day police remand
- Injuries a problem for Spanish sides in Champions League action
- Jungles in poll-bound MP throwing up guns: Pistols worth Rs 75 lakh seized within a month
- Air India's San Francisco flight, once diverted to Russia's Magadan, cancelled on due to operational issues
- China’s economy could be regaining momentum after major slowdown
- Moderate tremors felt in parts of North Bengal; no damage reported
- Asian Games: Indian men beat Kyrgyzstan; women lose to top seed China in fourth round of chess Team event
- Nitish Kumar calls all party meeting on Tuesday to discuss caste survey
KCR showers crores on Gutta
The Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao on Wednesday assured that the famed pilgrimage place Yadagirigutta would be developed as a comprehensive spiritual centre by earmarking Rs 100 crore in the budget every year. The Chief Minister along with eminent architects Raj and Jagan, expert in temple architecture Anand Sai, Sthapathi Soundar Rajan,
100 cr for Yadagirigutta annually
Chief Minister KCR offering prayers to Dhwaja Sthambam at Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy temple in Yadagirigutta on Wednesday
- CM unveils plan to develop the pilgrim centre
- Wants the temple to be developed as per Agama Shashtra
- Temple development works to begin in April
Nalgonda: The Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao on Wednesday assured that the famed pilgrimage place Yadagirigutta would be developed as a comprehensive spiritual centre by earmarking Rs 100 crore in the budget every year. The Chief Minister along with eminent architects Raj and Jagan, expert in temple architecture Anand Sai, Sthapathi Soundar Rajan, Yadagiri Development Authority chief Kishan Rao has conducted aerial survey in Yadagirigutta.
The priests of Sri Lakshminarsimha Swamy temple welcomed the Chief Minister with Purna kumbham and performed special poojas to the presiding deity on his arrival at the temple. The Chief Minister along with the officials inspected the premises of the Sri Lakshminarasimha Swamy temple and koneru on hill shrine and ghat road.
Later, Chandrasekhar Rao conducted a review meeting on development of the temple with officials of endowments, revenue and forest departments. Speaking on the occasion, Chandrasekhar Rao suggested the officials to develop the temple as per Agama shashtra. The government would also request Sri Thridandi Chinnajeevar Swamy to visit Yadagarigutta and make suggestions on development of the temple.
He instructed the officials of R&B department to lay four-line road from Raigiri to Yadagirigutta. The roads of Vangapally, Turkapally, Rajupet and Raigiri, which are located on four sides of shrine hill, should also be developed, he added. Underlining the need to ensure spiritual atmosphere in the temple town, the Chief Minister directed the officials of forest department to grow flower plants, which emit fragrance, around shrine hill.
He also instructed the irrigation department officials to renovate tanks in Yadagirigutta and Raigiri under Mission Kakatiya and develop them as tourist spots. He suggested that 14.5 acres of land, which is available on shrine hill, should be utilized in proper way with effective plan. He said that “mada veedulu” should also be developed around the temple.
The adobe and main temple should be constructed in such a way that it should be visible from the long distance. In addition to this, Kalyana mandapam, yagashala and kitchen would also be constructed with best designs. He suggested the officials to immediately take up construction of cottage with the capacity of at least 500 rooms.
Speaking to the media after the review meeting, sthapathi Soundar Rajan informed that the development works of the temple would commence from April. He said that they would prepare the designs for development of the temple in two weeks.