- ‘BJP scared’: Police manhandled party workers, says Abhishek Banerjee
- One killed, 22 injured as Hyderabad-bound bus overturns in Goa
- Delhi court sends NIA's 'most wanted' terrorist Shahnawaz to 7-day police remand
- Injuries a problem for Spanish sides in Champions League action
- Jungles in poll-bound MP throwing up guns: Pistols worth Rs 75 lakh seized within a month
- Air India's San Francisco flight, once diverted to Russia's Magadan, cancelled on due to operational issues
- China’s economy could be regaining momentum after major slowdown
- Moderate tremors felt in parts of North Bengal; no damage reported
- Asian Games: Indian men beat Kyrgyzstan; women lose to top seed China in fourth round of chess Team event
- Nitish Kumar calls all party meeting on Tuesday to discuss caste survey
Cheque powers to sarpanches to be restored soon: KTR
Panchayat Raj Minister K Tarakarama Rao on Thursday assured that the State Government would increase the powers of gram panchayats, including restoration of cheque powers.
Hyderabad: Panchayat Raj Minister K Tarakarama Rao on Thursday assured that the State Government would increase the powers of gram panchayats, including restoration of cheque powers.
Speaking to media persons after holding a meeting with the sarpanches and ZP Chairmen of Telangana at the Secretariat here, KTR said steps would be taken to strengthen the Panchayat system across the State. He said that government would empower the sarpanches and ZP Chairmen by giving them more power. However, it would also fix accountability on their participation in the developmental activities.
KTR informed that it has been decided during the meeting to restore the cheque powers to sarpanches.