- How online learning is transforming teaching careers?
- Swami Vivekananda U20 National Football to kickstart in April
- Mumbai woman cured of epilepsy after part of her brain removed
- MP-PSC delegation presents 66th report to Governor Mangubhai Patel
- Political googly? Sharad Pawar invites Maha CM, Deputy CMs home for dinner
- Sharad Pawar Extends Dinner Invitation Amidst Political Tensions In Baramati
- India's GDP growth surges to 8.4 per cent in Q3, 2023-24 growth rate pegged at robust 7.6 per cent
- SCBA GBM to discuss nomination of women advocates as Executive Members within two months
- Anant National University organises International Symposium on Architecture for All: Call of the Future
- Protein linked to Parkinson's also key for normal brain work: IIT Mandi study
Bonanza for local body reps
The Telangana government has enhanced the honoraria of Panchayati Raj and Urban Local Body representatives. Announcing this in the Assembly on Friday, Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao said that the demand for hike in the honoraria of the elected representatives has been long pending.
ZP chief’s benefits grow from 7,500 to 1 lakh pm
Hyderabad: The Telangana government has enhanced the honoraria of Panchayati Raj and Urban Local Body representatives. Announcing this in the Assembly on Friday, Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao said that the demand for hike in the honoraria of the elected representatives has been long pending. He said the Zilla Parishad Chairpersons would now get Rs. 1,00,000 per month as against Rs 7,500 they were getting now.
The Mayors will get Rs. 50,000 per month as honoraria as against Rs. 14,000. Sarpanches of major and minor Panchayats will get Rs. 5,000 per month as honorarium. ZP Chairpersons hold the rank of a Cabinet minister and their below-par honorarium was seen as an insult to the position they hold, KCR said. ZPTC (Zilla Parishad Territorial Constituency) Members will get Rs. 10,000 per month (Current honorarium is Rs.2,250). Honorarium of MPP (Mandal Praja Parishad) President has been hiked from Rs. 1,500 to Rs.10,000. Gram Panchayat Sarpanches and MPTC (Mandal Parishad Territorial Constituency) member will get Rs. 5,000.
Till date, MPTC members were getting Rs. 750 and a Sarpanch of major Panchayat was getting Rs. 1000 per month and a minor Gram Panchayat Sarpanch was getting Rs. 600 per month. With regard to Urban Local bodies, honorarium of Deputy Mayors has been hiked to Rs. 25,000 (till recently, they got Rs. 8,000 per month. Corporators will get Rs.6,000 (earlier, Rs. 4,000). Chairperson of a Special Grade municipality will get Rs. 15,000 per month (Rs.1,000 earlier) and Vice-Chairperson will get Rs.7,500 in place of Rs. 5,000.
Chairpersons of all other Municipalities will get Rs. 12,000 in place of Rs. 8,000. Vice-chairpersons of these municipalities will get Rs. 5,000 as against the existing Rs.3,200. Similarly, Councillors of Special Grade municipalities will get Rs. 3,500 in place of Rs.2.200. Councillors of all other municipalities will get Rs.2,500 in place of Rs.1,800.
Let down by the allegedly low hike in their honorarium, Sarpanches held a protest demonstration in the Telangana State Secretariat on Friday afternoon. Speaking to media persons, Sarpanches said their demands for voting rights in MLC (Local Bodies Quota) elections and release of remuneration to Gram Panchayats where Sarpanches were elected unanimously, remain unfulfilled.