- Tanisha-Ashwini finishes runner-up in Syed Modi India International badminton
- 17 of 25 ministers in Cong govt lose Rajasthan assembly elections
- Shivraj win Budhni by over 1 lakh votes, Kamal Nath secures victory from Chhindwara by 36K votes
- Israeli president honours fallen heroes of Kibbutz Be'eri by inscribing Torah Scroll
- Cyclone Michaung: In constant touch with state governments, says PM Modi
- Now, IndiGo faces criticism over delays from former Union Minister
- 5th T20I: Shreyas Iyer's fifty helps India reach 160/8 against Australia
- 193 people killed in IDF attack in last few hours: Gaza Health Ministry
- MP Diya Kumari wins by 71,368 votes, biggest victory margin in Rajasthan
- MP Assembly polls: Union Ministers Tomar, Prahlad Patel, BJP General Secy Vijayvargiya win, Kulaste loses
Convicted couple reunites after 17 yrs
A couple, who have been undergoing imprisonment, met after a gap of 17 years. The State government had taken this decision to release them on the grounds of good behavior. Mudavat Ramulu Naik was one among seven prisoners who was released from Karimnagar district jail on Tuesday.
Karimnagar: A couple, who have been undergoing imprisonment, met after a gap of 17 years. The State government had taken this decision to release them on the grounds of good behavior. Mudavat Ramulu Naik was one among seven prisoners who was released from Karimnagar district jail on Tuesday.
A 75-year-old Ramulu Naik underwent imprisonment in Karimnagar jail while his wife Laxmi was in Hyderabad Cherlapalli jail in connection with the death of their daughter-in-law in 1998. The court imposed life conviction in 1999. Initially, the couple was sent to Cherlapalli jail. It was only an year ago Ramulu was transferred to Karimnagar jail.
The couple who used to meet once in a month when Ramulu was in Cherlapalli prison have been feeling lonely for the last one year and were eager to meet as early as possible. Karimnagar jail authorities brought Laxmi from Cherlapalli prison by arranging a vehicle and felicitated them with new clothes and sweets on jail premises.
Their two daughters and son also arrived at the jail to receive their parents. Smiles writ large on the faces of the family members and relatives of other prisoners who were eagerly waiting for them in front of the district jail. They rushed to the freed jail birds and hugged them.
Mudavat Ramulu Naik, Katla Ganga Mallesh, Chiluveru Ramulu, Chiluveru Sattaiah, Bodasu Kothaiah, Cholluri Shankar and Battini Anjaiah were released from the district prisons. While Ramulu Naik spent 16 years in jail, six others underwent imprisonment for nine years. They underwent imprisonment in Warangal and Karimnagar jails in connection with murder cases.