Parigi registers 65% polling
The Parigi constituency registered 65 percent polling on Friday It was almost seven per cent less when compared to 2014 elections which saw 7193 per cent voting percentage
Parigi: The Parigi constituency registered 65 percent polling on Friday. It was almost seven per cent less when compared to 2014 elections which saw 71.93 per cent voting percentage. The police made heavy security arrangements to avoid any untoward incidents. According to the returning officer, except the failure of EVMs, polling went off peacefully.
Due to technical problems in EVMs, polling at Mallepally village in Doma mandal started at 9 am and continued till 7 pm. The people blamed lack of training to the officials for the technical glitches. TRS candidate Koppula Mahesh Reddy utilised right to vote at Girls’ High School, Congress candidate T Rammohan Reddy at his native village Sivareddy Pally and BJP nominee Karanam Prahlada Rao at his native village Kulkacharla.
- As BJP fields Sunny Deol from Gurdaspur, Kavita Khanna says 'felt betrayed'
- Delhi court sends N D Tiwari's daughter-in-law Apoorva to 2 day police custody
- Modi to hold Varanasi road show tomorrow, file nomination on April 26
- Arvind Kejriwal to release AAP's manifesto tomorrow
- 'Darkness will prevail, if Modi not get votes': Smriti Irani in Amethi