PETA honours designer Purvi Doshi
For Purvi Doshi, an Ahmedabad based designer took one step forward by coming out against the use of silkworms and declared that her label will not work with silk anymore
For Purvi Doshi, an Ahmedabad based designer took one step forward by coming out against the use of silkworms and declared that her label will not work with silk anymore!
For this act of altruistic nature, PETA presented the designer with an award for the Compassionate Designer of the Year at PETA India's annual event, in New Delhi, to thank her for her contribution to animal protection through vegan fashion!
The event was held to celebrate some of the victories for achieved for animals in the past year and to honour and recognise individuals and companies for their role in saving animal lives!
Purvi Doshi has been making a difference since the time she started designing. She believes that fashion and the earth can work together, in a beautiful coexistence. Her motto “Looking fabulous should feel great!” is something that drives her to create garments that support clean air, clean water, sustainability, ecological balance, and humanity.
This PETA approved label uses only natural fabrics and colours. Every single piece is handmade and handcrafted. The label works with delightful imperfections of the handwoven fabric, the beauty of natural colours with subtle flaws and the warmth of the human hands.
- BJP first sent Advani to 'margdarshak mandal', has now snatched his constituency: Congress
- Communist leader Balwant Singh dies at 82
- BJP MLA Yogesh Verma shot at during Holi celebration in UP
- K L Chishi is Congress candidate for lone Lok Sabha seat in Nagaland
- Bombay High Court asks industrialist Vijaypat Singhania not to release autobiography till March 25