- If Nitish Kumar becomes PM candidate, BJP will win LS poll easily: Sushil Modi
- Physician dies during duty
- Hooda promises to fill 2L posts if Cong returns to helm in Haryana
- Nearly 400 lions died in Gujarat in three years, unnatural causes behind some deaths
- Nandamuri Kalyan Ram, Periodic Spy thriller Devil Releasing Worldwide on December 29th
- Empowering Lives: Jamiatul Falah's Initiative to Provide Free Artificial Limbs in B.C. Road
- APPSC notification to fill Group-II posts
- Gujarat CM unveils 22 development projects
- Experimental Film '1134' To Release On December 15th
- BJP objects to Nawab Malik 'joining' Ajit Pawar-led NCP faction
Karnam Malleswari Birthday: Let's recall this first Indian Olympic Medal winner once again
Karnam Malleswari Birthday: The first-ever woman Olympic medal winner and Indian sportswoman Karnam Malleswari celebrates her 45th birthday today i.e June 1.
Karnam Malleswari Birthday: The first-ever woman Olympic medal winner and Indian sportswoman Karnam Malleswari celebrates her 45th birthday today i.e June 1. As a mark of her birthday, we are her to bring back the glories that she has brought to the state and country. She is known to be a true legend in the Indian women's weightlifting arena who has brought many championships to the state of Andhra Pradesh and country with here stellar performances. Apart from being a world weightlifting champion at the national and international level, Karnam Malleswari created history by winning the Bronze medal at the 2000 Sydney Olympics.
Going into her life, Karnam Malleswari who hails from a small village in Andhra Pradesh has started the weight lifting sport at the age of 12. The Sports Authority of India who found this girl with loads of talent had sent to Sydney Olympics in 2000 where she was brought a bronze medal and became the first Indian woman to win an Olympic medal. Karnam Malleswari is the first and the only Indian weight lifter to win an Olympic medal. However, she has not got a recognition from the sports fraternity or sports lovers of India. Karnam Malleswari, whose trademark feat in Sydney Olympics is still the most memorable chapter in the Indian history of sports. She was also the only Indian medal winner and no Indian has won an Olympic medal in weightlifting after the Sydney Olympics.
After winning the bronze medal, she was called a "Bharat Ki Beti" by then prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee and was also honoured her with Padma Shri for bringing glory and a sense of pride to the country.
Earlier to winning Olympics medal, Karnam Malleswari won the world title in 54kg division in 1994 and 1995 and placed third in 1993 and 1996. Later won the world weightlifting championship title in China in the year 1995 with a record lift off 113 kg. For which she was garnered with Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award.
Karnam Maleshwari stood as an inspiration for all, yet she has not recognition. However, we The Hans India are here to wish this strong lady a very happy birthday and prosperity in her life.