- New needle-free vaccine patch to protect against Zika virus
- Hyderabad: Youth chip in with services at many polling booths in city
- JU teachers’ body sends letter to CJI seeking permanent V-C
- PL Technical Research: STOCK RADAR - IGL
- Hyderabad: Secunderabad Cantt logs top voter turnout with 47.14 %
- 8 key infra sectors rise 12.1% in Oct
- Markets rise for 3rd session in a row
- Fire breaks out in a boat at Kakinada coast, 11 fishermen rescued
- 5G rollout subject to funding: VIL CEO
- Hyderabad: BRS party will not get more than 25 seats says Revanth Reddy
Covid-19: Google Adds New Features To Its Maps Application
Tech giant Google has announced that it added a few new features to its Maps application
Tech giant Google has announced that it added a few new features to its Maps application. As we all know Google Maps guide us with its directional suggestions, so to make it more accurate and inform users how their trip is impacted due to the Coronavirus, these features will work accordingly.
For instance, when a user looks into the Google Maps with public transit directions for their trip, the application will show the 'Relevant Alerts' through which one can know whether their way is affected with Coronavirus restrictions by collecting the information from local transit agencies. This application also sends you alerts like wear a mask by assisting you to be careful while travelling in this Corona crisis period.
For now, this feature is will be available in only a few countries like India, Mexico, Spain, Netherlands, Thailand, UK, Colombia, France, Brazil, Belgium, Australia and Argentina.
This news is announced by the Managing Director of Google Maps, Ramesh Nagarajan. He released a statement in his blogpost jotting down "Simply search for a station in Google Maps or tap on the station on the map to see the departure board and busyness data, where available".
Google company also added a few more Covid-19 safety alerts to the Maps application. Coming to driving mode, Maps will notify the traveler about COVID-19 checkpoints and restrictions along your route. For instance, if he crosses the national borders like Canada, Mexico and the US, alerts will be sent according to the local transit agencies on the main screen of the application and will also make him know how his trip will be impacted with the Coronavirus.
Finally, when you reach a medical facility or COVID-19 testing center as your destination, Google Maps will make sure you won't return with fear. It will also text you an alert like, "You may require an appointment for Covid-19 testing…".