- Congress leader Vijaya Reddy participates in Sonia Gandhi birthday celebrations at Himayatnagar
- Sonia Gandhi birthday celebrations held in Nizampet
- Cong announces 'halla bol' march to Maha Legislature on Monday
- Northeast's cultural diversity captivate spectators on penultimate day of Hornbill Festival
- NCLAT gives NTPC breather on CCI penalty
- The Mystery of Missing files in Fisheries and Education Department
- Chaturmukha Basadi, Restored with granite structure
- Transport sector decarbonization must to reduce emissions, says India at Dubai climate talks
- Bhupender Yadav, John Kerry hold talks on US-India collaboration for financing e-buses
- Officials’ budget presented in the House, public budget in Feb: MCD Mayor
Google to support India's digital future
Google CEO Sunder Pichai has held discussions with the Indian envoy in the US, Taranjit Singh Sandhu, about the technology giant's activities in India
Washington: Google CEO Sunder Pichai has held discussions with the Indian envoy in the US, Taranjit Singh Sandhu, about the technology giant's activities in India, particularly its aggressive push towards digitisation, as he became the first top Indian-American tech business leader to visit the country's embassy here.
"Thank you" Ambassador Sandhu for the great conversation," Pichai said in a tweet after his visit to the Indian Embassy in downtown Washington DC late last week. This is for the first time that a top Indian-American tech CEO has visited the embassy here.
"Appreciated the chance to discuss Google's commitment to India and look forward to continuing our support for India's digital future," said Pichai, who in January this year was named among the 17 awardees to receive the Padma Bhushan. "Technology that transforms; ideas that enable!" tweeted Sandhu.