Lost Your Aadhaar Card? Get a new copy through mAadhaar app
mAadhaar app also allows users to order a reprint of their Aadhaar card.
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has released a new app for Android and iOS that makes mAadhaar more secure. This new app allows Aadhaar cardholders to download their details and make life simpler. The app includes all your details like Aadhaar number, name, gender, date of birth, address and photograph. The new also app allows users to update or change address, offline eKYC, block biometric authentication temporarily, etc.
Besides this, the app also allows users to order a reprint of their Aadhaar card. If you have lost your Aadhaar card or you haven't received it physically yet, you can request a copy from the mAadhaar app itself.
Follow these steps to get the reprint of their Aadhaar card:
Things you need to have in advance:
1. You should have the latest version of mAadhaar App
2. Make sure that the internet is connected
3. The mobile number linked with Aadhaar should be active
4. 12-digit Aadhaar card number or Virtual Aadhaar ID
Steps to Reprint Aadhaar Card
1. Go to Google Play Store or Apple App Store and download and install mAadhaar app
2. Then open the app and configure it using your mobile number
3. Under the 'Services' section, tap on 'Order Aadhaar Reprint' option
4. Tick the 'Terms & Conditions' checkbox at the next page and tap 'Ok'
5. To get your Aadhaar reprinted, choose one option from -- A registered mobile number and An unregistered mobile number.
6. If your mobile number is already registered, then select the first option and Enter Aadhaar Number or Virtual ID (VID) Number along with captcha and tap on Request OTP
7. If your Aadhaar does not have registered mobile number tap on the second option and fill the following details -- Aadhaar Number/VID, captcha, any active mobile number and tap on Request OTP button.
8. To complete the process, enter the OTP that you received on your mobile number.