- BSP to project Mayawati as PM candidate
- China needs to be confronted strategically together: Kharge
- Following are foreign exchange rates on june-09-2023
- IIM Bangalore, CII to host ‘[email protected]: A vision document for 2047’ on June 12
- Telangana Government attracting investments to create more jobs: KTR
- Khammam: Ponguleti to decide future course of action today
- KTR hands over 560 2BHK houses to beneficiaries
- Will the daughters get justice: Vinesh Phogat
- UTT National Ranking Table Tennis Championship 2023: Sarthak, Syndrela crowned U-15 champs
- Singapore Open: India's campaign ends with Srikanth's round of 16 loss
Netflix announces Rs 199 mobile-only plan in India
Netflix finally launches cheaper mobile-only subscription plan in India, priced at Rs 199.
Finally, Netflix officially launched a cheaper subscription plan in India. The streaming service announced a mobile-only subscription monthly plan, which is priced at Rs 199. India is the only and the first country to get a mobile-exclusive plan.
Announced at an event 'Netflix House' in New Delhi, the company shared Indian users stream Netflix more on their mobile phone than any other device. Netflix also disclosed that Indians are the highest downloaders of the content globally. The firm is going to make more investments in India for smartphone users.
Users need to download the app or visit the official website, to sign up for Netflix's mobile plan. Select the mobile plan for Rs 199 per month. Users need to add account details and also the new members can opt for trial for free for the first month.
In India, Netflix had started testing the mobile-only plan earlier this year. During the test phase, the company was offering a Rs 250 plan, but it has decided to provide a much cheaper subscription plan at Rs 199. The mobile-only plan has similar features to Netflix subscription plans. Users who sign up will be eligible for one month trial. Later they can either continue or cancel. This mobile plan supports smartphones as well as tablets. It will also support SD content. At present, the payment options available include debit and credit cards.
Netflix has 151 million users across the globe. Netflix is also available on over 1,700 device models. When it comes to content, Netflix said it would continue to invest in interactive titles like Black.