- Google Chrome’s new extension to let users create side panel UI
- Vijayawada: YSRCP celebrates 4-yrs in office with rallies, meetings
- Adolf Eichmann hanged
- Digital vocational skilling can make youths workplace ready
- How to improve English vocabulary?
- New Delhi: Filled with humility and gratitude said PM Narendra Modi
- AJIO announces Big Bold Sale
- Hyderabad: Cough up Rs 15-20 lakh for engineering seat!
- Fastest-charging EV hits Indian market
- TEDx Hyderabad’s 9th edition slated to be held on Sept 17
Netflix is testing a Shuffle button; Helps to watch something new
Netflix plans to add a shuffle feature to the platform and is currently being tested, appears on your screen.
If you spot a "Shuffle" button on the Netflix screen, the one with the profiles, don't get shocked. Netflix plans to add a shuffle feature to the platform and is currently being tested.
This Shuffle Play could be the ultimate answer to all those "What are we seeing?" arguments and Netflix has been testing it since July.
Netflix has already tested a few possible ways this feature might appear, including a "Play Something" variant that appears once you select your profile.
It's not just an experiment for Netflix, as a spokesperson told Variety that the hope is to absolutely productive something. Netflix says this new feature is being tested on TV devices for specific users, so it appears on your screen.
The "Play Something" button reportedly shows an episode of a show or movie based on other content you've watched. This is very similar to the list of recommendations Netflix already has, so we'll have to wait to find out what exactly is new here to offer.
Last year, Netflix was testing a feature where they showed users a random episode of a specific series. If you're planning to find something new to watch at that wouldn't appear in your recommendations, this feature makes more sense than one that relies on an existing recommendation list.
Netflix has corroborated the fact that they are running these tests in different countries and for different periods and will make them available to everyone if people find them useful.