- Govt sets up Manipur peace committee
- Telangana: 1.5 lakh tribal farmers to get Rythu Bandhu
- We’ll see as we go along, Hardeep Singh Puri on petrol prices
- Indian Navy demonstrates formidable capability in Arabian Sea
- We are facing pressure to compromise: Sakshi Malik
- No break for Balakrishna in the coming year; actor busy with multiple projects
- Ravi Teja’s next flick title to be out soon; ‘Eagle’ is in consideration!
- Official: Arjun Das comes on board for ‘OG’
- Aha’s original project with Allu Arjun on board; here is the proof
- ‘Veera Simha Reddy’ 100 days function held in a grand way
Your next iPhone may not be 5G. Know why it won't matter
A brand whose absence is noticeable when it comes to 5G is Apple.
For a while, 5G has been a catchphrase in the smartphone and telecom industry. While telecom service providers have been laying the groundwork in the background, smartphone manufacturers have already begun to boost their 5G devices in certain parts of the world.
A brand whose absence is noticeable when it comes to 5G is Apple. As per a few reports, Apple may have been late for the 5G race when compared to rivals such as Samsung, Huawei and OnePlus have already launched 5G-enabled phones. Sometimes, although it works well to be late in the broader scheme of things.
Here's why being late to the 5G race shouldn't worry Apple:
1. Even with 3G and 4G, Apple was slow to adopt it than in the competition and seems to be doing the same with 5G
2. With networks that are not ready for 5G and an iPhone that is not ready for the technology, it might work better if Apple is late
3. It's available in only a few countries (US, China, UK, South Korea) and with selected telecom service providers
4. In major markets for Apple, such as India, there is a lack of clarity about the time of 5G
5. 5G phones from Samsung, Huawei and OnePlus are not 'fully ready' for 5G
6. Reports say that the modems used in current 5G phones have limited shelf life
7. At present, a 5G is more about being a part of a 'popularity contest.'
8. These are early days for 5G worldwide with things that are just beginning
9. At the moment 5G is far from being a universally adopted technology
10. An Apple iPhone with 5G is expected to arrive in 2020 when 5G technology becomes widespread
11. Apple's acquisition of Intel's modem business was, among other things, to strengthen its capabilities in areas such as 5G