- US govt shutdown imminent as showdown between GOP & Democrats shows no signs of receding
- Asian Games: China's Ding Liren starts favourite as India doesn't field Gukesh, Pragg in individual competition
- Jatin Dalal resigns as Wipro CFO; Aparna Iyer appointed Chief Financial Officer
- Not very appropriate: Anupriya Patel on Tharoor's women excelling in science and tech sans quota remark
- Rupert Murdoch, the creator of Fox News, is stepping down as head of News Corp and Fox Corp
- Singapore police uncover more gold bars, watches and other assets from money laundering scheme
- YouTube ‘Dream Screen’ tool to soon let AI create videos for Shorts
- Focus on customer-centric approach: RBI to banks
- The link between elephants and Alzheimer's: Insights from nature's giants
- Delhi LG launches portal for speedy action on graft complaints
Bhadrachalam: Pattas demanded for podu farmers
Demanding Poduland pattas,a number of Podu farmers from various tribal mandals took out a huge protest rally in the temple town on Monday.
Bhadrachalam: Demanding Poduland pattas,a number of Podu farmers from various tribal mandals took out a huge protest rally in the temple town on Monday.
The farmers raised anti-government slogans for the delay in granting pattasfor their lands. CPI district unit extended support to their protest and its leaders took part in it.
Later the tribal farmers laid a siege to the District Forest Office and continued their dharna for an hour. Later, they submitted a memorandum on their demands to the District Forest Officer to resolve their long-pending issues. Addressing them, CPI district secretary SK Shabeer Pashaexpressed agony over the attitude of forest officials in denying the tribals their genuine rights over the land under their cultivation for long.
He flayed the officials for their repressing measures against the farmers. He assured that the CPI would stand by the tribals till their demands were met. CPI ML (Praja panda) leaders K Kalpana, K Ranga Reddy and others also participated in the protest. CPI state leader Ravulapalli Ramprasad,K Venkateswara Rao, tribal leaders, VyvasayaKarmika Sangam leaders and a number of tribal farmers attended the programme.