- SC recommends setting up of Truth & Reconciliation Commission to probe human rights violations in J&K
- Fielding coach Munish Bali praises ‘impact player’ Amanjot Kaur for all-round show in third T20I
- Chandrayaan-3, ChatGPT rule Google Search in India this year
- Cardiovascular disease remains leading cause of death globally: Study
- Constitutionally valid: Shah, Nadda welcome SC verdict on Article 370
- Lebanon closes public offices in solidarity with Gaza
- Lokesh calls CM as ‘Jagan Mosapu Reddy’
- Prakash Raj arrives at Yashoda hospital to meet KCR
- Auto driver attacks married woman with acid in Vizag
- Bhatti terms BRS government tenure as rule of chaos
Government out to keep dengue, other fevers at bay with homoeopathy
Doctors say Arsenic Album 200 increases immunity power in individuals and thus protecting them from getting fevers
Hyderabad: Telangana Health Department has turned to homeopathy medicine to control the rise of dengue and other fevers across the State. Customary small plastic bottles, used for homeopathy medicines, containing Arsenic Album 200 pills are being sent to all districts from the last few days.
This medicine has to be taken in the form of three doses for three continuous days with each dose comprising six pills.
Around 70,000 homeopathy pill bottles (each bottle sufficient to give medicine to six persons) were despatched already or being dispatched to each of the ten erstwhile districts from Hyderabad to be given to school children and people of all ages.
Collectors were assigned the task of ensuring administering of this preventive medicine to locals free of cost. The health department and Ayush officials were told to hold medicine distribution camps in various places and also in schools in their jurisdiction.
This medicine is being sourced from Government Homeopathy Medicine making unit in Ramanthapur where there are enough stocks that can be further despatched to districts if the requirement is more.
Dr N Lingaraju, Additional Director and Principal, Government Homeopathy College, Ramanthapur said that this medicine increases the immunity system in an individual so as to shield him or her from various forms of fevers including the dengue.
He said it has been proven that simple homeopathy drugs are enough to keep dengue and other viral fevers at bay. Sources stated that the health department which is constantly monitoring fevers situation in districts is depending on this alternative therapy to fight dengue.
Health Minister Eatala Rajender himself kicked off this initiative by administering pills to school children and locals at a camp held at Dammaiguda on city outskirts a few days ago.