- Waheeda Rehman's journey in Indian cinema has left an indelible mark: PM Modi
- 95 pc components used in rockets in India domestically sourced: ISRO chief
- Devanand @100: A look at popular songs from evergreen star's movies
- 50% of workers likely to permanently shift to hybrid work globally
- Ganesh fest celebrated with gusto
- IIT Mandi team designs protein-based vaccine against pork tapeworm
- OYO set to report its 1st net profit at Rs 16 cr in Q2 FY24
- Haryana CM advocates construction of SYL canal
- Bobby Deol’s ‘bloodied’ look as ferocious antagonist in ‘Animal’ revealed
- PM Modi congratulates Equestrian Dressage Team for winning gold medal in Asian Games
KCR fulfilled dreams of Suryapet: Jagadish Reddy
He made SRSP a reality, disproving united state rulers
Suryapet: Minister for Energy G Jagadish Reddy stated that the SRSP was proof that the Telangana irrigation sector was neglected during the United Andhra regime. On the occasion of the Telangana formation day decennial celebrations, the Irrigation Day was celebrated in Suryapet district on Wednesday.
A special pooja was performed to the 71 DBM Kaleshwaram waters in Chivvenla mandal by the minister on the occasion. Farmers along with locals and leaders took part in Kaleshwaram water Jana Harathi programme at 126 villages in seven mandals in Tungaturthi, Suryapet and Kodad constituencies.
The minister lamented that in the united state, Tungaturthi, Suryapet and Kodad fields turned barren as not a drop of water was received. The united state rulers felt it was impossible to provide 6,000 cusecs of water to the fields in present Suryapet district through the SRSP. But KCR launched the statehood movement and realised people’s dreams in the new Telangana State.
He said KCR had been according top priority to the irrigation sector. He said that Godavari came alive with Pranahita by constructing the Kaleshwaram project at Medigadda and releasing water from there to Tungaturthi, Suryapet and Kodad regions. He expressed joy that the lands of this area had become fertile after the Godavari water flowed through the canals of SRSP.
Rajya Sabha member Badugula Lingaya Yadav, Collector Venkatarao, Additional Collector Hemant Keshav Patil, SP Rajendraprasad, Municipal Chairman Perumandla Annapoornamma, and others were present in the programme.
MLAs Gadari Kishore and Bollam Mallaiah Yadav led the Kaleshwaram waters ‘Laksha Jana Harathi’ programme in Tungaturthi and Kodad constituencies.