- MyVoice: Views of our readers 2nd March 2024
- EVs can help India achieve net zero
- Target 370: Is BJP oversanguine?
- Economy on fire, not on all cylinders though
- Other states following Assam's cancer care model: Himanta Biswa Sarma
- TalentSprint announces new program ‘WISH’ for Women Engineering students
- IAF C-130J makes safe landing at Begumpet airport after technical snag
- Canadian International School hosts its 10th edition of Model United Nations conference
- Nirmala Sitharaman launches Rs 1,000 cr worth infra projects
- Arun Singh Dhumal welcomes England team with 'perfect conditions' at HPCA
Khammam, Nalgonda districts will face acute water crisis, warns Bhatti Vikramarka
Once AP lift is completed and AP starts lifting from Srisailam project there would be no water in the project and there will be no water supply to Nalgonda and Khammam and Rangareddy districts and lakhs of acres of land would become barren, says Congress leader Mallu Bhatti Vikrammarka
Khammam: Senior Congress leader Mallu Bhatti Vikramarka warned the people that Khammam and Nalgonda districts would face severe water crises due lifting of additional water from Srisailam project by Andhra Pradesh government.
Speaking to the media here on Saturday, explained the water problem through a power point presentation. He said the AP government has planned to construct a new Sangaemswara pumping station at Srisailam project and is planning to take 10 tmc water from Srisailam project every day.
The Congress Legislative Party(CLP) leader said once AP lift is completed there would be no water availability in the Srisailam project and there will be no water supply to Nalgonda and Khammam and Rangareddy districts and lakhs of acres of land would become barren.
He alleged that the State government failed to stop the AP government and supported them indirectly by not objecting to the project. He held the Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao for this development.
He appealed to the people to minutely observe CM's attitude regarding the AP lift project and teach him a lessons to in next elections. He said the Congress party would take up massive agitation against the AP government across the State.
District Congress party president P Durgaprasad, former MLC Potla Nageswara Rao and other leaders were present.