- Naveen Patnaik inaugurates India’s largest Sports Science Centre in Kalinga Stadium
- Beyond the classroom: Exploring VR in education technology
- YSRCP Gearing up for early elections. Changes party in-charges
- AQI at an all-time high, but it is even worse inside your homes; Act now!
- Kodagu Police Swings dragnet
- Flipkart Year End Sale 2023: 5 Best TVs to buy under Rs 40,000
- Crackdown on Illicit Medical Practices
- Egg on the face of Muncipality
- Leelavathi was embodiment of selflessness: DCM D K Shivakumar
- Greenwood High students win inter school soccer tournament
MLA, Collector distribute over 1,000 clay idols in Khammam
Khammam: In a move to protect environment, the district administration under the leadership of Collector RV Karnan organised a programme where over 1,000 clay idols of Lord Ganesha were distributed to people. Local legislator Puvvada Ajay Kumar and the District Collector distributed the clay Ganesha idols to people in Khammam town on Sunday. Speaking on the occasion, Puvvada urged people to celebrate the festival in an eco-friendly manner and protect the environment. Khammam Mayor Papalal, Deputy Mayor Murali Prasad, Agricultural Marketing Committee chairman M Venkata Ramana, Corporators K Krishna, Sitamma, Laxmi, Sujatha, Commissioner of Khammam Municipal Corporation J Srinivas Rao and others attended the programme.
Similarly, in Kothagudem, nearly 500 clay Ganesh idols were distributed by the Singareni Seva Samithi Employees Wives Association president Padmaja Shankar. Speaking at a programme in Kothagudem on Sunday, she said as part of contributing their bit towards protecting the environment and discourage the use of idols made of Plaster of Paris and other harmful chemicals, the Seva Samithi has come forward to distribute the clay idols. Seva Samithi members Pushpalatha, Muneela, Santhi, Priya, Swathi, Ramadevi, Sujatha, Kavitha, Madhuri, Rajeswari and officers Bethi Raju, Seva coordinator EA Shareef and others attended the programme.