- Punjab gangster killed in rivalry in Canada
- Canadian visas suspended
- Bhimavaram: Electric Baja Championship to be held in March
- Games, Politicos Play! KCR brews ‘T Formula’ to outwit Congress Karnataka model
- Rajamahendravaram: Officials told to expedite construction of houses
- Supreme Court refuses to interfere in Cauvery dispute
- Bharat Nari Shakti: Parliament clears Women’s Quota Bill
- Ongole: Five held for smuggling liquor from Goa
- Vundavalli Aruna Kumar seeks CBI probe in skill case
- Mumbai: Arjun Bijlani approached for ‘Bigg Boss 17’
Palamur leads in containment zones, while GHMC tops in infections
- Telangana has over 1,000 containment zones with Mahbunagar 194
- GHMC reports nearly 40 to 50 per cent of the overall daily cases reported in the State, has a share of 92 containment zones
- There are no containment zones in Bhadradri Kothagudem, Medchal-Malkajgiri, Nagarkurnool, Vikarabad and Yadadri Bhongir districts
Hyderabad: Telangana has over one thousand Containment zones with majority of them in Mahbubnagar and Rangareddy districts.
There are no containment zones in Bhadradri Kothagudem, Medchal Malkajgiri, Nagarkurnool, Vikarabad and Yadadri Bhongir districts.
The Health department in coordination with municipal and police authorities has created containment zones to control the virus spread Surprisingly, Mahbubnagar district (194) has more containment zones than GHMC limits (92) that is accounting nearly 40 to 50 percent of the overall cases reported daily in the State.
Among the zones in GHMC, Charminar has the maximum number of containment zones (33) followed by Secunderabad (23), Khairatabad (14), Serlingampally (10), Kukatpally( 9) and LB Nagar 5 zones. GHMC had reported 4,568 covid cases during the last seven days.
Rangareddy district has the second largest number with 163 containment zones. The district has a maximum number of zones in urban pockets like Shamshabad, Moinabad, Meerpet and Jalpally.
Medchal Malkajgiri which has been witnessing a spike in cases for the last few weeks, has no containment zone, according to the bulletin.
Sangareddy district has 82 zones. Karimnagar 57 and Warangal Urban district (28 zones), Jogulamba Gadwal (46 zones) and Mahabubabad (36 zones).