- Wanted: Biometric system to rein in Late Lateefs in RTOs
- SHE Teams crack down on indecent acts in public
- UoH announces deadline for online programmes
- Visakhapatnam: NTPC to install FGD by year-end
- UoH organises public outreach programme on climate change
- MANUU part-time PhD programmes last date extended
- Medaram Tribal Fair Draws Record Devotees, deities will be taken back to forest abode
- Gold rate in Visakhapatnam slashes, check the rates on 24 February, 2024
- Fresh water scheme filter units were inaugurated by Mekathoti Sucharita
- MVV Satyanarayana conducts Padayatra in GVMC ward 19
Showcasing cultural diversity
The newly opened Moolagundam Art Gallery, which was inaugurated by Ram V Sutar, the designer of the Statue of Unity.
The Gallery is conducting an exhibition titled 'Hallucinations' – curated by visual artists Anita and Vilas Kulkarni.
In the expo Sutar enthralled the audience with his art expertise when he drew a beautiful sketch of a woman just in minutes.
The collection of art works by over forty-five artists spanning over three centuries brought together for this exhibition, 'Hallucinations' makes for an incredible journey for every art lover.
It makes you travel through time, through art movements, through trends, and plot the history of the subcontinent by way of its reflection in Indian art by the pioneers of their time.
It cuts across geographic divisions, and political markers to give an essence of the magnificent journey that Indian art has taken, and while on this journey, has surpassed its preceding phase to reach a greater height in global recognition and artistic creativity.
Artworks in this exhibition weave together a tapestry of the rich cultural diversity of the sub-continent and celebrate the pioneering creativity of the artists featured here.