- Five key projects of GMDA worth Rs 194.18 crore approved
- EU slaps $2 billion anti-trust fine on Apple following Spotify's complaint
- Momentum in power, capital goods stocks as infra projects likely to be unveiled, say analysts
- Santosh Trophy: Services hand Railways a 2-0 defeat to march into semifinals
- Ola's S1 Pro electric scooter gets PLI certification to boost green mobility
- Ranji Trophy: Big win over Tamil Nadu takes Mumbai into final for 48th time
- Sinead O'Connor's slams Trump for using singer's best-selling single at rallies
- Tata Motors to demerge business into two separate listed companies
- Interoperable payment system for Net banking to be launched this year: RBI chief
- Cash-for-query row: Delhi HC rejects interim injunction against 'defamatory' posts on Mahua Moitra
Student unions tried to lay siege CM house in Karimnagar
In protest against the State government for not fulfilling the demands of RTC employees, the members of SFI, AISF, PDSU, AISB, and AIYF tried to lay siege the house of Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao in Theegalaguttapalli in Karimnagar district on Wednesday.
Karimnagar: In protest against the State government for not fulfilling the demands of RTC employees, the members of SFI, AISF, PDSU, AISB, and AIYF tried to lay siege the house of Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao in Theegalaguttapalli in Karimnagar district on Wednesday.
The police officials, who were already got information about the lay siege, deployed police personnel and provided tight security at KCR's house in Theegalaguttapalli. The police prevented the efforts of the student unions' leaders and arrested them.
Speaking on the occasion, the leaders of various student unions criticized Chief Minister KCR for his stubborn behavior towards the RTC employees' strike, which has been going on for the past 40 days and announcing all those participating in the strike as self-dismissed.
They said students, people from all sections, employees, and others participated in the separate Telangana State movement to get a good education and jobs but not to lose the jobs they are having. The people of Telangana will not spare the action of the CM and will teach him a fitting lesson, they warned.
If KCR will not take a wise decision and merge the RTC with the government, then all the student unions united will intensify the agitation along with the RTC employees and will bring down the CM KCR from his post, they warned.
PDSU State president J Srinivas, SFI State vice-president S Rajinikanth, AISB State president G Vamshidhar Reddy, AISF State joint secretary B Mahendra, M Ramesh, K Manikanta Reddy, Ratnam, Nunavath Srinivas, Uganda, Rakesh, Srikanth, Rohith and Naresh were present along with others.