- B’luru cafe blast a rehearsal, indicative of impending attacks: BJP leader CT Ravi
- Shveta Rani, the latest dreamer from Alakhpura
- India should now move to higher poverty line: Author of Brookings report
- Navigating Ramadan: Finding Harmony Between Technology and Spirituality
- Navigating the first trimester
- WPL 2024: We are still in it but have got some work to do, says Gujarat Giants’ coach Klinger
- 'India has eliminated extreme poverty,' claims US think-tank; says 'decline in 11 yrs comparable to past 30 yrs'
- YSRCP to announce manifesto during Bapatla Siddham meeting
- Polio Day 2024: Benefits of polio vaccine for your kid
- Three arrested in connection with Bangladesh building fire
TRS may abstain during voting on triple talaq Bill
The Telangana Rashtra Samiti may abstain during voting on the triple Bill in the Lok Sabha, a senior party leader said on Wednesday.
Hyderabad: The Telangana Rashtra Samiti may abstain during voting on the triple Bill in the Lok Sabha, a senior party leader said on Wednesday.
The TRS, led by Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao, had adopted the same strategy in December last year.
"Last year, we participated (in the debate) and skipped (voting), this time also we may do the same," the leader said, on condition of anonymity.
"I think, opposing it (the Bill) will create some problems, supporting it will also create some problems," he said.
The Central government introduced the fresh triple talaq Bill in the Lok Sabha last on Friday.