- Suspected IED blast kills student in Manipur, another injured
- Asian Track Cycling: Arshad Shaikh, Jyoti Gaderiya win their third gold; Harshita bags silver as India claims four medals
- Corporate earnings surprised on the upside due to improvement in margins
- Ashok Chavan 'injures' Congress again, 55 Nanded ex-corporators join BJP
- Adani Group, Uber to form JV to help expand fleet on green energy?
- One killed as fire breaks out in Singapore apartment
- Two soldiers killed after helicopter crashes in US
- No difference of opinion between me and Satheesan, says Sudhakaran after show of temper
- ‘Farmers first’ policy is Modi govt's resolve to boost their income: A look at key initiatives
- KIUG 2023: Shooter Tejaswini bags Delhi University’s first medal; Chandigarh on top of medal table
Why didn't Jogayya take up Kapu reservations: Perni Nani
- TDP resorted to cheap politics of distributing gifts to the poor in the name of 'Sankranthi Kanuka' and claimed the lives of three people, besides causing injuries to others at Guntur
- The former minister also advised the NRI's not to fall into prey of Naidu's self-promotion mission
Amaravati: Slamming the TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu, former minister Perni Venkata Ramaiah (Nani) said that the former was playing havoc with the lives of people by mobilising them in large numbers for his publicity craze.
Addressing the media here on Monday, he said that the TDP resorted to cheap politics of distributing gifts to the poor in the name of 'Sankranthi Kanuka' and claimed the lives of three people, besides causing injuries to others at Guntur on Sunday. He alleged that the TDP leaders who carried out publicity in their friendly media and took permission from the police for organising a public meeting with 10,000 people had taken U-turn after the tragedy.
The TDP leaders also announced that Naidu has no connection with the tragedy and started blaming Vuyyuru Foundation. Why did the TDP leaders resort to cheap politics and issue 30,000 coupons to the people when they have taken permission from the police for organising a public meeting with 10,000 people. This itself shows Naidu's self-promotion mission activity playing havoc with the lives of the people by distributing free gifts and resorting to cheap politics in the name of voluntary organisations, he said.
The former minister also advised the NRI's not to fall into prey of Naidu's self-promotion mission.
Taking a dig at Jana Chief for remaining a mute spectator over the loss of people's lives in public meetings organised by Naidu in Kandukur and Guntur, he said that Pawan Kalyan has created a ruckus after the government demolished illegal encroachments in Ippatam. Even after eleven people lost their lives and several sustained injuries, Pawan Kalyan remained mum, which itself shows his commitment to the public.
On Bharat Rashtra Samithi (BRS) role in Andhra Pradesh Politics, he said that BRS can contest in all the 175 Assembly constituencies in the state and YSR Congress Party is nowhere bothered about it. At present, Telangana ministers are in fear of what Prime Minister Narendra Modi will do to them. BRS founder and Telangana Chief Minister K Chandra Shekhar Rao should focus on clearing arrears to AP and stop illegally using the power generated from Pulichintala, Srisailam and Nagarjuna Sagar projects.
Reacting on the ongoing Kapu reservations issue and Hari Rama Jogayya's fast, the former minister maintained that the veteran leader is restoring to match fixing politics with Naidu and Pawan Kalyan. Why didn't Jogayya take up the Kapu reservations issue while he was in active politics and call off his fast after interacting with Jana Sena Chief, he questioned.