- Hyderabad Public School plans grand finale of centenary celebrations
- University of North Florida Dean Visited GITAM
- GITAM Organises CPR Awareness Program
- Karnataka government invites startups to provide tech solutions
- Inculcating experience-oriented education amongst growing children India
- Google introduces Gemini GenAI model for highly complex tasks
- Why being mindful of heart health during winter is crucial
- J&K’s two bills seek to nominate two Kashmiri migrant community members: Shah
- Mahindra to hike vehicle prices from next month
- First instalment of drought relief for farmers within next week: CM Siddaramaiah instructs
9th class girl commits suicide by jumping into Gundlakamma river in Prakasam district
In a tragic incident, a 9th class girl has committed suicide by jumping from the Gundlakamma river bridge on Sunday.
Addanki: In a tragic incident, a 9th class girl has committed suicide by jumping from the Gundlakamma river bridge on Sunday.
Going into details, P Marthamma, a native of Modepalli village is residing at Sanjeeva Nagar in Addanki town from the last three years. She has a daughter P Devi (15) who is studying 9th grade at government girls school and stays at the BC hostel. However, She committed suicide by jumping into the Gundlakamma river near Thimmayapalem village here in the district on Sunday.
Former SI Subbaraju, who was on his way to Darsi from Addanki, has noticed a huge crowd on the bridge. Where the locals found girls bangles, watch and suicide letter. With this, he informed the local SI Srinivas Rao.
On receiving the information, the police reached the spot, started the search operations to find the body of the girl. The NDRF team who reached there traced the body after three hours of search.
Later, the body was shifted to the government hospital for post-mortem. The girl's mother Marthamma filed a complaint, where the police registered a case and investigating further.