- Excise policy case: Delhi court extends Manish Sisodia's judicial custody
- Samyukta Kisan Morcha to hold tractor march on Feb 26, 'mahapanchayat' in Delhi on March 14
- IIT Hyderabad and JICA unite to nourish Design Innovation JICA Chair Lecture Series concludes successfully
- Imran wants IMF aid to Pakistan stalled over 'rigged' elections
- Transformative Collaboration: ASIP and IIT Hyderabad Forge Path for IC Packaging & Testing Education and Innovation
- YouTube Offers Free 3-Month Premium Subscription Plan: How to Avail
- Need to deepen economic engagement with India: Albanian Foreign Minister
- Chief Minister Bhajanlal Sharma Renounces VIP Movement Privileges To Prioritize Common Citizens
- Samyukt Kisan Morcha Plans Decisive Action Amidst Farmer Protests: Latest Updates
- BJP Releases Documentary Exposing Alleged Atrocities In Sandeshkhali Amidst TMC Government Criticism
All set for counting of votes on May 23: Collector
The West Godavari district is all set for the counting of votes on May 23 said District Collector Praveen Kumar.
Eluru: The West Godavari district is all set for the counting of votes on May 23 said District Collector Praveen Kumar. He addressed the press meet at the district collectorate office along with the district Superintendent of police M Prakash and explained the arrangements made for the counting of votes.
Speaking on this occasion, the collector said 14 tables will be arranged in the counting hall to speed up the counting of votes, whereas in previous counting they used only 7 tables in a counting hall. He further said that the election commission had already given permission to arrange 14 tables in the counting hall to speed up the process. He said that there will be 22 rounds in the counting of votes at the Polavaram Assembly constituencies where it has registered the highest number of polling in the district.
He announced that 1,837 staff were appointed for counting. Among them 566 are supervisors, 445 are assistants and 626 are Micro level observers. He further said that they had already given training for staff regarding the rules and regulation to follow on the day of counting under the guidelines of the election commission.
He said that three counting centres were set up with three tier security arrangements for the counting of votes in the district. He ordered the election staff to occupy their seat before the allotted time. Later District Superintendent of police M Prakash said that they had done all the arrangements for counting of votes peacefully in the district.
He said that section 30 will be imposed in the district. He further said that they have noticed seven sensitive assembly segments in the district and arranged extra security to prevent any untoward incident.