- Awareness programme Will be on PM VishwaKarma yojana on Tuesday
- Raveena soaks up some sunshine in Tadoba
- I will be in the contest Former TDP MLA Vetukuri Sivarama Raju
- Pawan asked me to go to Nidadavolu: Kandula Durgesh
- Filmmaker VN Aditya receives Doctorate from George Washington University of Peace, America
- Samsung to unveil Galaxy Ring at Mobile World Congress
- Kavitha urges CBI to withdraw notice in Delhi excise policy case
- PM Modi’s visit to Dwarkadhish temple, a message for Lord Krishna devouts?
- Nani collaborates with ‘OG’ director Sujeeth
- February 25: A memorable day for PM Modi
AP Assembly dissolved by Governor
The Governor ESL Narasimhan has dissolved the fourteenth Legislative Assembly on Saturday. Though the Governor has issued dissolution orders on May 23 through GO Ms No 25
Amaravati: The Governor ESL Narasimhan has dissolved the fourteenth Legislative Assembly on Saturday. Though the Governor has issued dissolution orders on May 23 through GO Ms No 25, the authorities have released the official gazette on Saturday.
As soon as the Election Commission of India has declared the results, the then Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu tendered his resignation on the same day, May 23.
Accepting the resignation of Naidu, Narrasimhan asked him to continue as a caretaker CM till the new government is formed.
In the notification published on Saturday, M Vijaya Raju, Secretary to AP State Legislature (I/C) stated that, "In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (2) (b) of Article 174 of the Constitution of India, Governor, on the advice of the Council of Ministers, hereby dissolve the Fourteenth Legislative Assembly with immediate effect".
The YSRCP president YS Jagan Mohan Reddy, who won the general elections with landslide victory is going to take oath as Chief Minister on May 30 at Vijayawada in a grand ceremonial manner.