- Uttam sees BRS-BJP nexus in Kaleshwaram
- PM hits out at TMC over Sandeshkhali atrocities
- Vijayawada: N Chandrababu Naidu complains to Governor against APSDRI
- Tirupati: Pilot slams BJP-led NDA for depriving AP of Special Status
- Google partners with news publishers, fact-checkers to curb deepfakes
- India expresses shock over killings in Gaza
- Vijayawada: CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy releases Rs 709 cr for Vidya Deevena
- LS candidates jump 4-fold between 1952 and 2019
- Don’t seek votes on caste, religion
- MyVoice: Views of our readers 2nd March 2024
AP Municipal elections schedule to be released shortly
With the recent conclusion of Lok Sabha and Assembly elections in AP, now the heat of another election is going to pick up shortly.
Amaravati: With the recent conclusion of Lok Sabha and Assembly elections in AP, now the heat of another election is going to pick up shortly.
With the orders of High court, the officials are busy in preparing the voters list. For a long time, the municipal elections in AP are being postponed, but now finally the green signal has been given to conduct the elections.
The state election commission is making all necessary arrangements for the elections. In the orders, the High court has directed the AP government to conduct the elections and to release the voter's list by 1st May.
With this, the officials have started the exercise, on 1 May the voter's list will be released and after which the election schedule will be declared.
Including 13 Corporation, 110 municipalities are there in AP. These municipalities are classified into 4 section grade, 7 special grade, 13 first grade, 25 second grade, 23 third grade, and 25 Nagar panchayats.
As only 12 days left to release the voter's list, the officials have increased the speed. The results of 2019 elections are awaited in AP, the prominent political parties are confidence over forming the government.
On 23 May, the counting and results will be declared for Assembly and Parliament seats in AP elections. With this, the officials are working with the target to complete the municipal elections process before the new government sworn in.