- Hyderabad Dy Mayor, her husband join Congress
- Kisan-less kisan andolan
- Hyderabad: One arrested for investment fraud
- Planning Board Vice-Chairman to oversee ‘Prajavani’ conduct
- Voting for Cong, BRS won’t benefit Telangana: Kishan
- Cong-led civic body hanging by a thread
- MWC 2024: Exciting Launches Await From Xiaomi 14 Series to Barbie Flip Phone
- New tourist attraction at RK Beach
- Shah Rukh Khan reacts to Allu Arjun’s son Ayaan singing ‘Dunki’ song; offers ‘Sri Valli’ treat in return
- Rashmika Mandanna reveals reason behind her absence from ‘Animal’ post-release celebrations
APEPDCL deputes 5K staff to restore power
Andhra Pradesh Eastern Power Distribution Company Limited (APEPDCL) cautioned the public to be more alert over the power accidents due to the very severe cyclonic storm Fani.
Visakhapatnam: Andhra Pradesh Eastern Power Distribution Company Limited (APEPDCL) cautioned the public to be more alert over the power accidents due to the very severe cyclonic storm Fani.
As part of the cyclone preparedness, all the operation authorities of the Discom geared up to face any eventuality during the landfall of cyclone. With the high alerts from the Meteorological department about heavy winds while cross the storm, the Discom officials are fully geared up the men and material.
Chairman and Managing Director of APEPDCL, K Raja Bapaiah said that for quick restoration of power, 5,000 contract workers, who were drawn from Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam and Godavari districts were already on standby position in Srikakulam cyclone prone areas with necessary vehicles, poles, wires and with transformers.
The three sub-divisions Palasa, Sompeta, and Tekkali, the identified cyclone prone areas in Srikakuklam district were given responsibility to three CGMs. For 12 mandals Itchhapuram, Kanchili, Sompeta, Vazrapukothuru, Mandasa, Palasa, Kaviti, Nandigam, Tekkali, Santabhommali, Gara and Polaki, 12 GMs were given charge.