- ISRO chief Somanath to get Pinnamaneni Award
- MLA Balineni takes part in ‘Volunteerlaku Vandanam’
- MS Murthy’s art exhibition inaugurated
- Former JSP leader Srinivas joins BJP
- Hari Narayana statue unveiled
- BC Welfare Minister vows to solve public problems
- Institutional collaboration helps in effective knowledge sharing
- Amara Hospital celebrates 3rd anniversary
- Reunion held for Nunna ZPHS 2008-09 batch
- Ambari-Pimpulkhuti electrifiction to bolster rail connectivity in SCR
Awara Nature Trail programme held
The eco-conscious citizens of Vijayawada walked the dawn on the Krishna river at a programme ‘AWARA NATURE TRAIL’ conducted as part of Mothers day celebrations in nature on Sunday.
Vijayawada: The eco-conscious citizens of Vijayawada walked the dawn on the Krishna river at a programme 'AWARA NATURE TRAIL' conducted as part of Mothers day celebrations in nature on Sunday. The programme was flagged by Doctor Suhasini Vasireddy and several mothers took part in the event.
Students from Aravinda School took part in the programme which involved walking up the riverbed with educational talks and stories on nature conservation. Walking downstream, they cleaned the riverbed with several bags of plastic & other offensive trash. The young champion eco warriors were given away prizes.
This series of Sunday morning nature walks, the environmental awareness talks and the river-clean programmes were coordinated every Sunday from 5:30 am to 7 am for nature lovers and children till August 15. For further details please contact facebook.com/naturewalksindia/posts, says AWARA founder & environmentalist Prof Ajay Katragadda in a release.