- Tension grips in Bandi Sanjay's yatra after unknown persons pelt eggs at his convoy
- PayU appoints 5 new members to its Board of Directors
- MI head coach Charlotte Edwards extends Sydney Sixers deal for next two WBBL seasons
- WPL 2024: 'Renuka's two wickets gave Gujarat shock they couldn’t recover from', says Saba Karim
- Tech Mahindra, Pegatron sign MoU to develop AI-enabled private 5G networks
- PM Modi to inaugurate Rs 1,393 cr coalfield projects in Madhya Pradesh tomorrow
- Sachin invites the world to 'come and experience Jammu & Kashmir'
- BJP put up good fight in Assembly polls
- Elaborate arrangements made for Inter exams
- Ensure drinking water supply in city: Mayor
Candle rally organised
Candle light rally was organised at MG Road in Vijayawada on Sunday evening to remember the victims of the HIV.
Vijayawada: Candle light rally was organised at MG Road in Vijayawada on Sunday evening to remember the victims of the HIV. On every third Sunday of May, candle light rally was organised around the world to remember the victims who lost their lives due to the HIV.
District Collector Md Imtiaz inaugurated the rally at the Sub-collector office on Sunday evening. Speaking on the occasion, the collector said the rally was organised since 1983 around the world to remember the deceased.
He called upon the people to treat AIDS and HIV patients with equality. He said the people should not show stigma against the HIV and AIDS patients. DMHO DR I Ramesh, ADMHO and J Usha Rani, doctors, representatives of the NGOs participated in the rally.