- MWC 2024: Samsung Displayed OLED Cling Band: A Futuristic smartphone and a smartwatch
- Bishop Jayarao Polimera, Head of the Roman Catholic emphasises youth should have talent
- GVMC mayor lays foundation stone for development works in Maddilapalem
- Kotamreddy confident of hattrick victory
- MVV Satyanarayana lays foundation stone for Varasiddhi Vinayaka Durga Polamamba Temple in Vizag
- Speaker disqualifies 8 MLAs from Assembly
- GHMC Dy Floor leader visits Veerannagutta to oversee arrangements for Maha Sivaratri
- Imansa family express gratitude to Prathipati Pulla Rao
- Naidu, Sharmila lambast YSRCP for ‘humiliating’ cricketer Vihari
- TSRTC makes arrangements for Intermediate exams
Centre assures to stop 'unauthorised' power generation by Telangana government
YSRCP MPs complain to Jal Shakti Minister in LS that TS is continuing power production at Srisailam despite Centre's directive to stop
New Delhi: Union Minister for Jal Shakti, Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, here in the Lok Sabha on Thursday assured the YSRCP that he would ensure that Telangana stopped unauthorised power generation from the Srisailam Left Power Station.
He was responding to a demand of the YSRCP MPs. Y S Avinash Reddy, MP, raising the issue of the recent gazette notification on the Krishna and Godavari River Boards and Telangana's move to generate power from Srisailam that was pumping water in the sea wastefully, objected to the "continued" power production by Telangana. This would affect not only Rayalaseema but also the water supply to Chennai, he cautioned.
He said Telangana was not heeding to the directive of the Centre and hence, the latter's intervention was needed. The KRMB too should intervene immediately, he said. He also sought a halt to the ongoing works of the Palamuru-Rangareddy Lift Irrigation works as it would severely affect AP farmers.
Shekhawat assured the MP that he would look into the issue and that he was aware of Telangana ignoring Centre's order.
Meanwhile, the YSRCP MPs continued their protests in the Lok Sabha by displaying placards seeking funds for Polavaram project and entering the well of the House.