- AP assembly session: Seconds day begins amidst TDP members slogans
- Kadapa: ‘Extend support for fair voter list’
- Tirupati: Tight security in place for Garuda Seva today
- Visakhapatnam: Gajuwaka athletes bag medals in international championship
- Parvathipuram: Ashram schools made me a leader says Anant Nayak
- Visakhapatnam: Civic body focuses on road expansion works
- Gold rate in Vijayawada today slashes, check the rates on 22 September, 2023
- Visakhapatnam: Experts stress on spotting early signs of dementia
- Gold and silver rate in Hyderabad today slashes, check the rates on September 22, 2023
- Hyderabad: Law student cracks exam in first attempt
Eluru: Disha Act awareness rally was taken out
An awareness rally on Disha Act was taken out here on Thursday to prevent atrocities and attacks on women and girls.
Eluru: An awareness rally on Disha Act was taken out here on Thursday to prevent atrocities and attacks on women and girls.
Joint Collector K Venkata Ramana Reddy flagged off the rally. Later, addressing the gathering, he said that our culture gives utmost respect to women. In such a society, any crime against women should be treated seriously.
With this point in focus, the State government has brought out the Disha Act, first of its kind in the country. Under the act, offenders of rape would get life imprisonment or capital punishment within 21 days of registering the case, he added.
Joint Collector-2 N Tej Bharat, Woman and Child Welfare Department RJD TV Srinivas, ICDS Project Director Vijaya Kumari, Child Protection Officer Suryachakraveni and others were present.