- Cancer awareness rally organised
- CM Revanth Reddy chalks out plan to clear traffic woes in city
- Kandula Durgesh allotted Nidadavolu seat for polls
- Precautionary Measures And Traffic Advisory For Tractor March Near Delhi-Noida Border
- Arvind Kejriwal Skips Enforcement Directorate Summons In Money Laundering Case
- MWC 2024: Xiaomi Unveils Xiaomi 14 and Xiaomi 14 Ultra; Features, Price and Availability
- MWC 2024: Honor Unveils Porsche Edition of Magic V2 Foldable Phone
- Ambati Ramababu slams Pawan Kalyan for limiting to fewer seats for polls
- 100 per cent inter syllabus for TS EAPCET 2024
- CM Jagan to chair meeting with all 175 candidates tomorrow
Farmers burn Pepsi product
Farmers under the auspices of various people’s organisations and trade unions staged a dharna and burnt Pepsi product with brand name lays here on Tuesday
Eluru: Farmers under the auspices of various people's organisations and trade unions staged a dharna and burnt Pepsi product with brand name lays here on Tuesday, demanding that the multinational company withdraw cases against Gujarat farmers cultivating potato variety used for manufacture of Lays chips. They raised slogans against the company and called upon people to boycott the Pepsi products.
Leaders of AP Rythu Sangham, CITU, Vyavasaya Karmika Sangham, Koulu Rythula Sangham led the protest at Jute Mill Centre. Speaking on the occasion, the leaders expressed anger over Pepsi for trying to encroach on the farming rights of the farmers in the country.
The company started legal action against a few farmers in Gujarat which was nothing but attack on entire farming community. This action of Pepsi should be taken seriously by the farming community and teach a lesson to such multinational companies by boycotting their products, they said.