- IISER Bhopal team finds circular RNA molecule behind HIV-1 virus replication
- Ravi Shankar Prasad slams Bidhuri for abusive remarks against BSP MP
- Ram Pothineni’s ‘Skanda’ advance bookings on full swing
- Ashok Gehlot govt wasted five important years of Rajasthan's youth, deserves zero marks: PM Modi
- ‘Chandramukhi 2’ pre-release event highlights
- Nitish Kumar rules out return to NDA; BJP says won't take back even if he begs
- Newly-inducted C295 aircraft likely to take part in Air Force Day celebrations in Prayagraj
- PM Modi's WhatsApp community channel crosses 5mn followers mark in 6 days
- Leaked! Google Pixel 8, Pixel 8 Pro Prices and Features
- AR Muragadoss join forces with Sivakarthikeyan for a massive project
Huge demand for organic products in World, Agriculture Minister Kakani Govardhan Reddy
Agriculture minister Kakani Govardhan Reddy has stressed upon the need to increase export of agricultural, horticultural and processed products from Andhra Pradesh to other countries.
VIJAYAWADA: Agriculture Minister Kakani Govardhan Reddy has stressed upon the need to increase export of agricultural, horticultural and processed products from Andhra Pradesh to other countries. He said there is a great demand for organic products in the world and suggested the farmers give priority to organic products and avoid using pesticides.
Govardhan Reddy addressed the Workshop organized in a hotel in Vijayawada on Tuesday on ‘Export opportunities for agricultural, horticultural and processed food products from Andhra Pradesh’. The workshop was organized by Andhra Pradesh Organic Products Certification Authority (APSOPCA) under the co-sponsorship of Agricultural and processed food products export development Authority (APEDA), Government of India, New Delhi.
Addressing the exporters, traders and the farmers, minister Govardhan Reddy said agriculture, horticulture and processed products from Andhra Pradesh are exported to over 100 countries and the government set the target of increasing the exports in future. He said there is good demand for organic products which are free from the pesticide. He said the state government is trying to avoid mediators in the procurement and directly crediting the amount in the bank accounts of the farmers. Minister said the State government will inaugurate Integrated Export Park soon to give boost to the exports to other countries. He urged the exporters and traders to offer remunerative price to the farmers and encourage them to produce more.