- Air Akasa says its plea in court not against DGCA or Civil Aviation Ministry
- Unnao custodial death: Delhi HC grants bail to convicted UP Police officials
- Delhi Police rescues man attempting suicide on Instagram live
- BRS MLA M Hanumantha Rao quit party
- Quad ministerial meeting calls for comprehensive approach to fight terrorism
- Congress questions secular credentials of JD(S) following its alliance with BJP
- Bidhuri remarks row: Ali calls it 'hate speech', says could quit House if action not taken; Oppn rallies behind BSP MP
- Volume growth returning, rural demand seeing green shoots: Procter & Gamble
- Large number of valuable monuments not under any protection: Parliamentary panel
- Eight-year-old Indian-origin girl makes UK medical history By Aditi Khanna
Lorry hits RTC bus in Nellore district
A speeding lorry hits RTC bus belongs to Nuzividu bus depot on the national highway near Naidupeta town in Nellore district. It's a big relief as the passengers on the bus came out safe.
Nellore: A speeding lorry hits RTC bus belongs to Nuzividu bus depot on the national highway near Naidupeta town in Nellore district. It's a big relief as the passengers on the bus came out safe.
According to the police, The RTC super luxury bus was on its way to Vijayawada from Bangalore. There were 14 passengers boarded the bus, who were travelling to Nellore and Vijayawada.
The accident had taken place at the midnight when the bus crossed Naidupeta and was taking a turn at the highway junction, where a speeding lorry coming from Chennai crashed into the bus from behind.
As they were no passengers seated on the backside of the bus, no life loss has happened. Immediately, the bus driver informed the police over the accident. On receiving the information, the police reached the spot and seized the lorry.
The police identified that the lorry driver was rashly driving the vehicle under the influence of alcohol. They shifted the bus to a side and restored the traffic on the national highway. The police have registered a case and investigating further.