- I’m still the CEO, management remains unchanged: Byju Raveendran
- PGA Tour: Wallace rallies on second nine to get into shared lead in Mexico
- Mould your biz plans as per India’s stupendous growth: Ashwini Vaishnaw to entrepreneurs
- ‘Viksit Bharat’ by 2047: Govt focused on long-term gains, says Rajnath Singh
- ‘Bhimaa’ trailer: Shows the power of Macho Star
- Director Keerthi Kumar reveals interesting details about ‘Chaari 111’
- Vishwak Sen’s ‘Gaami’ to mesmerise with captivating music
- Coming closer to my roots! Janhvi Kapoor opens about her Southern debut
- When is Shab-e-Barat 2024 in India; all you want to know
- Actor Dibyendu Bhattacharya opens up about challenges of playing smaller roles
Name Polavaram project after YS Rajasekhara Reddy
Ramachandra Reddy said that Polavaram is the dream project of Rajesekhara Reddy, and would have been completed so long ago if he is still alive.
Ongole: The YSR Congress Party leader Dr Eluri Ramachandra Reddy demanded the central government to name the Polavaram National Project after the former Chief Minister Dr YS Rajasekhara Reddy, who dreamt of completing the project immediately for the well being of the farmers.
Ramachandra Reddy said that Polavaram is the dream project of Rajesekhara Reddy, and would have been completed so long ago if he is still alive. He said that the former CM brought all permissions for construction of and spent Rs 4,700 crore on it to complete the left and right canals along with the announcement of RR packages to the ousters.
He said that as per the Sec 90(4) of the Andhra Pradesh State Reorganisation Act, it is the responsibility of the central government to complete the Polavaram project, but the TDP government brought it under the state's control.
He alleged that the Chandrababu Naidu's government didn't want to complete it in time, but used it a cash cow to get commissions. He said that the project takes another four years for completion now and the YSRCP government is committed to complete it as soon as possible.