- BJP President J P Nadda to arrive on Monday for two-day visit to Karnataka
- Jharkhand: 3 arrested in Spanish woman's gang rape sent to jail, police say search on for 4 more
- Imran Khan’s party elects Gohar Ali Khan as its chairman
- Japanese general witnesses exercise 'Dharma Guardian' at Mahajan Field Firing Ranges
- Centre suffering from 'anti-Punjab' syndrome: Kejriwal
- MP CM, ministers to pray at Ram Temple in Ayodhya on Monday
- Tejashwi responds to Modi's barbs about father Lalu Prasad at Patna rally
- CCL: Riteish's Mumbai Heroes pull off thrilling 1-run win over Bhojpuri Dabanggs
- UAE: Sharjah Ramadan Festival 2024 to begin on March 8
- Bengal BJP chief injured as car in his convoy meets with accident
Need to purchase turmeric at 10,000 per quintal stressed
CPI Guntur district secretary J Ajay Kumar has demanded that the Central government to purchase turmeric at Rs10,000 per quintal.
Guntur: CPI Guntur district secretary J Ajay Kumar has demanded that the Central government to purchase turmeric at Rs10,000 per quintal. He submitted a memorandum to the Spices Board officials to this effect in Guntur city. He said the cost of cultivation of turmeric has increased and the farmers are not getting a remunerative price for their produce.
Ajay Kumar has stressed the need to purchase turmeric at Rs 10,000 per quintal and extend support to the farmers. Spices Board officials assured that they will take up the matter to the Central government. AP Rythu Sangam leaders Eswara Reddy, Sr Rama Reddy, M Venkateswara Rao, Srinivasa Rao, Siva were among those participated.