- Vizianagaram: Teachers told to adopt students for best results
- Cauvery Dispute: Bengaluru bandh partial
- TTD gets Rs 24.22 crore Hundi income
- Clean governance must for country's growth: PM Modi
- Ram Temple's consecration ceremony likely on Jan 22
- Visakhapatnam: Sambalpur-Banaras Express service fulfils people’s desire
- YouTube ends cheaper ad-free 'Premium Lite' subscription plan
- PM Modi pats equestrian team
- Visakhapatnam: Portal to register new Sainik Schools reopens
- PM giving top priority to jobs: Narayanaswamy
Projects see surge in inflows in Vijayawada
The flood inflows into various reservoirs on Krishna river increased in the two Telugu states on Saturday.
Vijayawada: The flood inflows into various reservoirs on Krishna river increased in the two Telugu states on Saturday. According to officials, around 3.5 lakh cusecs are being discharged from Srisailam, Nagarjunasagar and Pulichintala reservoirs.
The water inflows increased nearly by one lakh cusecs at Srisailam and Nagarjunasagar on Saturday due to heavy rains in the upstream areas. The reservoirs Jurala, Nagarjunasagar and Pulichintala are receiving three lakh cusecs of of water now. But the Srisailam was getting around 3.5 lakh cusecs and the same is being discharged to Nagarjunasagar.
The upstream reservoirs Almatti and Narayanapur are receiving nearly two lakh cusecs. As per the trends, the flood may continue for some more days. All the 70 crust gates of Prakasam barrage were opened to release the inflows.