- Dubai Unveils Five-Year Visa for Indians
- Devotees bid adieu to tribal deities
- Suspected IED blast kills student in Manipur, another injured
- Asian Track Cycling: Arshad Shaikh, Jyoti Gaderiya win their third gold; Harshita bags silver as India claims four medals
- Corporate earnings surprised on the upside due to improvement in margins
- Ashok Chavan 'injures' Congress again, 55 Nanded ex-corporators join BJP
- Adani Group, Uber to form JV to help expand fleet on green energy?
- One killed as fire breaks out in Singapore apartment
- Two soldiers killed after helicopter crashes in US
- No difference of opinion between me and Satheesan, says Sudhakaran after show of temper
SP orders probe into election violation cases
Guntur rural SP S V Rajasekhara Babu directed the police officials to investigate the case booked in connection with the elections.
Guntur: Guntur rural SP S V Rajasekhara Babu directed the police officials to investigate the case booked in connection with the elections. He conducted a review meeting with the officials in Guntur city on Saturday. The DPO said that 165 cases of political violence, 148 excise cases, and 240 MCC cases were booked in the district.
He said most of the cases were charge sheeted. He instructed the officials to arrest the accused immediately, if charge-sheet was not filed, file it immediately and asked to step up vigil on the movements of cricket bookies and anti-social elements. He directed to take steps to check untoward incidents. Additional SP (Administration) Varadara Raju, Tenali DSP Sneha were among those present.