- Visakhapatnam: Vehicle owners to get digital DLs, RCs
- Vamshichand upset as Kasireddy eyes Kalwakurthy seat
- YSRCP govt spent Rs 3,600 cr on healthcare in 4 yrs: Rajini
- UK visa fee hike effective from today
- Meta may charge users for ad-free FB, Instagram
- 7 more patients die in Nanded hospital
- AP CM likely to visit Delhi on Friday
- Amitabh joins Rajinikanth in 'Thaliavar 170'
- Asian Games: Parul takes sensational 5000m gold
- Visakhapatnam: Need to adhere to safety norms in power sector stressed
Three fresh Covid positive cases reported in Prakasam
The happiness of the district administration and police department that they are able to contain the Coronavirus and made Prakasam district a Coronavirus-free district, wouldn’t last for a day
Ongole: The happiness of the district administration and police department that they are able to contain the Coronavirus and made Prakasam district a Coronavirus-free district, wouldn't last for a day. The Andhra Pradesh Covid-19 Control Room announced that all 63 positive cases in the Prakasam district were treated successfully and discharged by Saturday morning.
In these 63 cases, one case was foreign returned while 14 cases were Delhi returned, 26 cases were primary contacts of the Delhi returned and 7 cases were secondary contacts of the Delhi returned. One case of Prakasam district native was registered in Nellore while another 14 cases were identified in the community survey by random sampling. All of these 63 patients were discharged by Saturday evening, after successful treatment at KIMS Ongole and GGH Ongole.
The superintendent of police, Siddharth Kaushal announced on Facebook in excitement, "Prakasam District has achieved 0 active Covid-19 cases. At one time we were the highest in the state, now we are the lowest. Long battle ahead... but a pleasant juncture to pause at, reflect and bash on!" But, by the evening, the situation was changed.
One person from the Kammapalem in Ongole, second person from Rajupalem and the third person from Kothapatnam were announced positive for Coronavirus by the sample tested at VRDL lab in GGH Ongole. The officials have already listed out their contacts and started to shift them to the GGH Ongole in the evening. The district coordinator for Covid-19 Dr John Richards announced that they have conducted 7769 tests in the district so far and 7701 of them were negative while the results of three samples were pending.