New Jaguar XE Facelift Launched In India From Rs 44.98 Lakh
- The 2020 Jaguar XE facelift gets a larger and revised mesh grille.
- Engine options stay the same, a 2-litre petrol & a 2-litre diesel.
- The upgrades are far more extensive on the inside.
Cosmetically, the 2020 Jaguar XE facelift gets a larger and revised mesh grille and the upgrades are far more extensive on the inside.
Starting with the design, the XE facelift will sport sharper and more aggressive styling all around. This is due to the fact that it will get new LED headlights, tail-lights, front and rear bumpers, among other styling tweaks. The revised styling on the updated XE has taken inspiration from its stablemates like the F-Type sports car and the all-electric I-Pace SUV.
On the inside, the dashboard layout will be drastically different from the current car. It will sport a digital instrument cluster, a larger touchscreen infotainment system, and another touchscreen unit for the climate control and seat functions. Trim materials will also see a comprehensive upgrade, with bits like the hard plastic.
Coming to the engine options, the India-spec car is expected to carry forward its current range of engines, though they will be upgraded to comply with the new BS6 emission norms that come into effect on April 1, 2020. The engines on offer currently include a 2.0-litre, four-cylinder turbo-petrol engine that produces 250hp and 365Nm of torque. A 2.0-litre, four-cylinder turbo-diesel engine is also on offer, and in its current state of tune it produces 180hp and 430Nm of torque.
Packed with features and brimming with technology, the New Jaguar XE gets a new 25.4 cm (10) 'Touch Pro' infotainment screen with Smartphone Pack (Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay™) as standard. Other highlight features include Smart Settings with AI (Artificial Intelligence) for driver seat, mirror, audio and climate settings, Lane Keep Assist and Driver Condition Monitor, Online Pack (Wi-Fi with Pro Services that adds Real Time Traffic Information, Door-to-Door routing and Estimated Time of Arrival), 'Remote with InControl Remote App' allows you to check vehicle status like fuel level, window open etc. via phone, Connected Navigation Pro navigation system, Wireless Device Charging, Interactive Driver Display uses high definition crystal clear graphics to show 3D maps, vehicle settings, contacts and media options, Air Quality Sensor, Park Assist and more.
The Jaguar XE will compete with the likes of the BMW 3 Series, Mercedes-Benz C-class and the recently updated Audi A4.
● The New Jaguar XE is packed with enhancements, innovations and technology that offers an exceptional blend of distinctive design, innovation and performance
● For Model Year 2020, the New Jaguar XE includes enhanced front and rear bumpers, full LED headlights with signature DRL & signature Hi-Line tail lights with Animated Directional Indicators to create an assertive appearance
● Available in S & SE derivative, the New Jaguar XE is packed with stunning features such as the 25.4 cm (10) 'Touch Pro' infotainment screen, 'Remote' (allows you to check car status remotely), Smartphone Pack with Android Auto™ & Apple CarPlay™, Wireless Device Charging, Air Quality Sensor, Connected Navigation Pro (navigation system), Smart Settings with AI for driver seat, mirror, audio and climate settings, Wi-Fi Hotspot & Pro Services among others
● Powered by Ingenium Powertrains, the New Jaguar XE is available with a choice of 2.0 l (litre) Turbocharged Petrol, producing 184 kW and 365 Nm of torque or a 2.0 l (litre) Turbocharged Diesel producing 132 kW and 430 Nm of torque
● Bookings are now open for the New Jaguar XE and is priced from ₹ 44.98 Lakh
Suresh Reddy, Managing Director, Jaguar Land Rover India Ltd (JLRIL), said: "The Jaguar XE has always been a distinctly designed executive sports saloon that provides exhilarating performance. The New Jaguar XE is an illustration of how enhancements in its design, technology and driving dynamics can rewrite the rules. We are confident that our Jaguar fans and discerning customers will be delighted with our latest offering."
A DYNAMIC DRIVE
The New Jaguar XE has been designed and engineered to offer agility, responsiveness, maximum aerodynamic efficiency and stability along with the refinement that all Jaguars are renowned for. From the SportShift selector that offers a sportier shift to the Control toggle switch that enhances usability, while Jaguar XE's lightweight aluminium intensive body structure continues to play a major role in the car's agile handling, exceptional safety and efficiency. Aluminium makes up 75 per cent of the body and combines with proven rear wheel drive system, double wishbone front and integral link rear suspension to offer a superior drive.
Further details on the New Jaguar XE are available on the Jaguar India website www.jaguar.in.
The Jaguar range in India includes XE (starting at ₹ 44.98 Lakh), XF (starting at ₹ 49.78 Lakh), F-PACE (starting at ₹ 63.78 Lakh), XJ (starting at ₹ 111.30 Lakh) and F-TYPE (starting at ₹ 90.93 Lakh). All prices mentioned are ex-showroom prices in India.
Jaguar Land Rover Retailer Network in India
Jaguar Land Rover vehicles are available in India through 27 authorized outlets in Ahmedabad, Aurangabad, Bengaluru, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Kolkata, Kochi, Karnal, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Noida, Pune, Raipur, Vijayawada and Surat.