- 'No papers shared, no blame to share’, Delhi L-G slams Kejriwal over water scheme
- Zaheer Khan was someone I used to watch a lot to try and learn from, says James Anderson
- Human trials may reveal efficacy of new Rs 100 cancer pill: Docs
- MWC 2024: MediaTek Unveils Groundbreaking AI Capabilities
- Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg meets key Samsung, LG officials
- Varun Tej feels ‘Operation Valentine,’ a tale of passion, patriotism, and new horizons
- Development projects worth thousands of crores sanctioned for TN in last 10 years: PM Modi
- Hindu petition seeks to restrict entry on terrace of Gyanvapi cellar
- Fall of 'poster boys' adds to startup woes, good governance need of the hour: Industry
- GITAM celebrates National Science Day
Review: Upload On Amazon Prime Video Promises Afterlife In Simulation
Amazon Prime Video has been flooded with web series and giving its popular counterpart Netflix a run for its money.
Amazon Prime Video has been flooded with web series and giving its popular counterpart Netflix a run for its money. The latest I came across was Upload. Now, why does this remind me of Sidharth Malhotra and Katrina Kaif movie Baar Baar Dekho? Simply because it's futuristic and all about tech innovations and advancements.
Imagine you getting you a server that provides life after death in the simulation where you can actually upload your consciousness? That's exactly what this new web series on Amazon Prime Video is all about. Picture this: Its It's the year 2033 during which a techie loses his life in an accident caused by a self-driving car. He lives in simulation along with several others and this facility comes at a huge cost not to mention there are customer care executives in the guise of Angels who offer their support. The protagonist, Nathan happens to come in contact with one such angel who goes by the name Nora. He also falls in love with her.
Upload is all about love and complications in the advanced technology age. The story has nothing new to offer. But it does keep you engaged and entertained. The sheer vision of the writer calls for appreciation not to mention the performances of the lead actors and the way the entire series is set.
Verdict: A uniquely treated love subject that is sure to make you smile. Watch this for a change. Isn't it a boon to be able to choose your own afterlife even though it's digital?