- WII team inspects Alipiri footpath
- KCR advises people take safety measures during Ganesh idol immersion
- Chiefs of Indo-Pacific Armies agree on joint action plan to tackle challenges in region
- Chandrapur sarpanch receives Union Tourism Award
- 'Amit Shah assured that murderers will be punished', Manipur CM on students' killing
- Asian Games: Sift Kaur wins gold with world record as shooters make India's day; Vishnu Saravanan wins bronze in sailing
- DUTA polls record 85% voting, counting underway
- IT Department searches offices of Chinese electronic giant Lenovo in Mumbai, Bengaluru, Gurugram
- Welcome CBI's PE into renovation of Delhi Chief Minister Kejriwal's residence issue, says AAP
- Maharashtra govt has turned Mantralaya into cage Congress leader slams Shinde-led dispensation
Swara Bhasker explains cotroversial 'Rasbhari' scene Prasoon Joshi objected to
Bollywood actress Swara Bhasker has responded to an objection raised by Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) Chief Prasoon Joshi, over a scene in her latest web series "Rasbhari"
Bollywood actress Swara Bhasker has responded to an objection raised by Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) Chief Prasoon Joshi, over a scene in her latest web series "Rasbhari".
Prasoon Joshi had tweeted on Friday, pointing out a scene in the web series has "irresponsible content."
Swara Bhasker took to Twitter to explain the purpose of the scene to the CBFC Chief and pointing out that maybe he misunderstood it.
"Respected sir, maybe you are misunderstanding the scene. The way you are describing the scene, it is just the opposite. The child is dancing at her own will. Her father feels embarrassed after seeing this. The dance is not provocative. She is simply dancing and has no idea about how society will sexualise her too. This is what the scene shows. #Rashbhari," tweeted Swara Bhasker in Hindi.
Swara's tweet comes as a response to Prasoon Joshi's tweet which reads: "Saddened by Webseries #Rasbhari's irresponsible content portraying a little girl child dancing provocatively in front of men drinking. Creators and audience need to seriously rethink Freedomof expression or freedom of exploitation? Let's spare children in the desperate need for entertainment."
Netizens are divided in their opinion. Commenting on the tweet, while some expressed that Joshi is misunderstanding the scene, some trolled the actress. Some users felt it is high time that web series content should be regulated by the censor board, while one user reviewed the web series "Rasbhari" calling it "soft porn".