- New govt on anvil in Nepal as PM Prachanda splits with coalition partner
- AAP leader Sisodia urges Supreme Court to urgently hear curative pleas
- Moody's ups India's growth forecast, expects policy continuity after LS polls
- Meenakshi Chaudhary gearing up for some exciting projects in Telugu
- International Women's Day 2024: Date, history, significance
- Erdogan and Abbas to discuss delivering aid to Gaza, Turkish source says
- Art show 'Reflections of Womanhood' highlights need to remove gender inequalities
- AIADMK conducts protests against drug menace in Tamil Nadu
- Nifty’s momentum remains bullish, say analysts
- National Safety Day 2024: Theme, History and Significance
Protests at NIT, Srinagar against 'inflammatory' post by non-local student
Protests were held on Tuesday by local students of the National Institute of Technology (NIT) in Srinagar city against an "inflammatory" social media post by a non-local student.
Srinagar: Protests were held on Tuesday by local students of the National Institute of Technology (NIT) in Srinagar city against an "inflammatory" social media post by a non-local student.
Local students of NIT locked both the entrances to the college and raised slogans against the social media post by a non-local student which, they said, has hurt the religious sentiments of Muslims.
College authorities have sent the non-local student home on leave while the protesting students demanded stringent action against him by the authorities.
Police is trying to pacifying the protesting students while the college authorities said they are contemplating appropriate action against the non-local student.